Documents notarized through the OneNotary platform must meet both technical and legal requirements. Technical requirements ensure the correct display of your document during the online notarization session. The document must also meet the legal requirements of the state where it is notarized.
Document Technical Requirements
OneNotary accepts documents in the most commonly used text and image formats. We accept:
- PDF, DOCX, PPTX and XLSX text formats
- PNG, SVG, BMP, JPG, and TIFF image formats
- The document extension should correspond to the document content
- The document size should not exceed 35 MB
- Larger documents take longer to upload
- The more pages and signature requirements a document has, the longer the notarization session will take
Every state has its own requirements for online document notarization.
Texas permits an online notary to do the same notarial acts as a traditional notary. The only difference is, the transaction takes place remotely.
For more information, please check the information on Texas at nationalnotary.org